In 2018 we have committed $180K to the following projects:
- Scholarship Matching Program ($30K). This two-year program provides $30K per year to match scholarships granted by the City for people to use Parks and Recreation facilities. We matched 78 scholarships in the first year.
- Skate Park Renovation ($35K). The skate park behind Mill Valley Middle School is in need of renovations to improve safety and provide more modern facilities. The City and community groups are also contributing to this project, which is expected to start in 2018.
- Sports Field Renovation ($100K). Our sports fields require renovation every few years to remain in great condition. MV Friends has pledged $50K towards the renovation of Bayfront Field in the summer of 2018, and an additional $50K towards the renovation of Friends Field in 2019.
- Golf Course Improvements ($15K). We have funded several projects to improve the experience at the Mill Valley Golf Course, which will be celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2019.
In 2016/2017 we supported the following projects:
- Developed renovation plans and purchased Field Top Maker to enable faster renovation of all sports fields
- Creation of a new Community Garden next to the Public Safety Building
- Laptops for the new Community Center "DigiLab" that will offer Digital Arts Workshops for students of all ages
- Purchased Exercise equipment as part of an overall Community Center Fitness Floor renovation
- Audio-visual equipment in the Cascade Room